Q: I just paid $600 for motor mounts. Car still doing same thing. How can I tell if the mechanic actually changed the tranny mount?

I took my car in.2003 grand prix because i had shaking going on on ymthe front end. Mainly when i accelerated. Big O tolok it for a ride n yold me it eas the motor mounts. So they put on new ones supposedly. Car still shakes. Is there a way for me to tell if they changef my tranny mount?

The only way to know for sure if the mounts were changed is to do a visual check of the mount. If the mounts did not change the shaking on acceleration then you may need to have a second opinion from a mechanic like one from YourMechanic to see if the vibration is in the front axles or in the transmission itself. You may have a bad axle joint.

3. I just paid $600 for motor mounts. Car still doing same thing. How can I tell if the mechanic actually changed the tranny mount?