Q: I just installed a new battery, and now the gear shifter, windows, lights, and radio won't work

Just install a new battery. Now Gear shifter electric windows radio or dash lights won't work

A: If 1) the battery is fully charged; 2) it w...

If 1) the battery is fully charged; 2) it was installed correctly (i.e., at no point in time were the positive and negative connections reversed damaging the powertrain control module [PCM]); and 3) the wiring was not damaged and none of the fuses supplying the dead circuits you have described are open, then this would mean that the PCM settings were lost when you disconnected the old battery. A certified technician, such as one from YourMechanic, can use a scan tool to perform all of the necessary resets and relearning procedures that need to be done after a battery is replaced.

Recommended services
Get a Quote