Q: Why would I need wheel bearings again after only two years on my 2011 Chevrolet Malibu

We had the wheel bearings replaced on this car less than 2 years ago. Now it needs wheel bearings again. Also I paid in excess of $600 to have it done. Some people who know more about cars than I do feel this was way too much.

Hello. The wheel bearings on your car should not wear out that fast. There are a few things that will cause them t wear out prematurely though. If the vehicle is not equipped with the factory wheels then this can occur as it places extra stress on the bearings. If the wheels are stock then the issue is either due to defective bearings, low quality bearings, or the axle nut torque was not correct when they were installed. Any of these would cause them to wear out too fast. I would have a certified mechanic come and fix your car, like one from YourMechanic, that can come to you to [replace your bearings] https://www.yourmechanic.com/services/wheel-bearings-replacement

3. Why would I need wheel bearings again after only two years on my 2011 Chevrolet Malibu