Q: I just got my valve gasket cover replaced yesterday. As well as one of the hoses of my radiator. Today overheated

I just got my valve gasket cover replaced yesterday. As well as one of the hoses of my radiator. Today however my car went past the H on the temperature needle, it was also lurching when accelerating from a dead stop. Would this possibly be cause by something not being replaced properly?

when the coolant hose was replaced then the coolant refiled you may not have got all the air out of the cooling system causing it to run hot. Recheck the coolant after engine cools to make sure it is topped off.

Hi There, If you had a hose replaced on your radiator that may not have been tightened correctly causing it to leak, this could possibly cause it to overheat, however there are a number of other possibilities as well that may also cause it to overheat. Overheating can be caused by a number of things such as low coolant levels, a faulty thermostat, a clogged radiator or a failing coolant fan switch. As you may know the coolant fan switch helps to maintain the proper coolant temperature by turning on and off at specific temperature thresholds. When this switch is not working properly, this can cause the fans to come on intermittently, all the time or sometimes not at all. When this happens you will notice a temperature spike and drop occasionally as the fan comes on and off. When your thermostat is not working properly or is stuck closed, this will not allow the coolant to properly circulate through the engine, which may cause the engine temperature to fluctuate erratically or in some cases just remain hot. You may also have a water pump that is beginning to fail. Water pumps often times will begin to produce a bit of a whining sound when they are starting to fail. A common problem also associated with this is the water pump may begin to leak around the water pump shaft due to the seal being damaged. In addition to leaking around the pump, you may have a leak elsewhere in the cooling system coming from one of the hoses going to or from the radiator. Lastly, you may have a failing cylinder head gasket allowing coolant to leak from the water passages into the cylinders resulting in the coolant being burnt in the combustion chamber with the fuel. If this is the case, you may also notice a bit of white smoke coming from your exhaust which is a product of the coolant being turned into a steam like vapor. I would suggest having an expert from Your Mechanic come to your home to diagnose your cooling system.

3. I just got my valve gasket cover replaced yesterday. As well as one of the hoses of my radiator. Today overheated