Q: i just did my brake drums on my 1999 chevy suburban k1500 4wd 5.7l and my brake light came back on and it sounds like something is

i just did my brake drums on my 1999 chevy suburban k1500 4wd 5.7l and my brake light came back on and it sounds like something is dragging but I don't see anything

Hello.

If the brake light has come on and you hear something dragging it may be possible that one or more of the brake shoes is making contact with the switch. This can commonly be caused by maladjusted brake shoes. When installing new drums the shoes need to be adjusted to the correct position, so that they do not drag as the vehicle is rolling. If they are making a noise then it may be possible that they are dragging and need to be adjusted. This sort of issue can sometimes be difficult to detect through a visual inspection, and will usually require removal of the wheel in order to properly check and diagnose. A certified YourMechanic technician can be dispatched to your location to inspect your vehicle’s brake warning lights and suggest any service necessary to your vehicle.

3. i just did my brake drums on my 1999 chevy suburban k1500 4wd 5.7l and my brake light came back on and it sounds like something is