Q: i just bought a honda accord 2003 and the owner previously worked on it because its top gasket got burnt. so now i tried driving i

i just bought a honda accord 2003 and the owner previously worked on it because its top gasket got burnt and his mechanic fixed it according to him. but now the other day i tried driving it and suddenly after moving for a couple of distance maybe about 2km i noticed it wasn't moving again as i accelerated. but when i switch off engine and engage the gear again it moves for a while and then it stops responding to the accelerator again and doesn't move. i eventually noticed the temperature was high so i switched off the engine and by the time i opened the bonnet i noticed there was barely any water in the radiator, so i added water and filled the radiator. but i left the radiator open and switched on the engine again and accelerated it while in park position and i noticed that after a while the water in the radiator started boiling over and water was just spewing out of the radiator. when i eventually tried to accelerate it doesn't move at all and the temperature have already climbed up.

A: Check and refill both the engine coolant le...

Check and refill both the engine coolant level, and the transmission fluid level, and check the condition of the transmission fluid (dark fluid indicates overheating of the transmission - which shares the radiator with the engine). You almost certainly have a blown headgasket, and possibly other damage from this overheating episodes. A mechanic can check for combustion gases in the coolant to confirm this diagnosis. The transmission may have been damaged by the overheated transmission fluid as well. I would recommend having two inspections done, one to address the overheating issue, and the other for the acceleration problem. A certified technician from YourMechanic can preform these inspections and make necessary repairs.