Q: I just bought a f150 1993 truck and I had it on cruise control going about 70 and lost power like something not catching.

I just bought this truck and was going down highway about 65 with cruise control on and lost power like something not catching and sat there for a while until I found out I had fourth gear only could this be something simple like a pin

There could have been something that went wrong with your transmission. Try driving in 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and reverse to see if the vehicle will move. If the vehicle only moves in 4th gear, then the counter shaft has burned up all of its teeth. 4th gear is straight through the transmission and not using the counter shaft. This gear is a 1 to 1 drive from the engine to the driveshaft. I recommend seeking out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you diagnose your transmission.

• I just bought a f150 1993 truck and I had it on cruise control going about 70 and lost power like something not catching.