Q: i installed a new radio and was having issues, i just wanted to know if i can solder the ground wire to the chassis.

I recently installed a new radio in my car and every time you stepped on the break it would turn off the radio. I couldn't find a screw to hold the ground wire down so it would be contacting the metal so i initially taped it down with electrical tape. I am now trying to fix this and wanted to know if i could just solder it to the chassis.

Hi there. The ground wire should not have anything to do with applying the brake unless the wire is coming in contact with the brake pedal assembly causing poor contact when using the brakes. You do need to secure the wire properly. Soldering will not be as good as tapping a hole and installing a sheet metal screw with a toothed washer. Make sure that the connection is also clear of any paint as that will impede the connection.

3. i installed a new radio and was having issues, i just wanted to know if i can solder the ground wire to the chassis.