Q: I hit a curb and now when I press on my brake it doesn't work like it used to.

I hit the curb head on and now my brake petal has to be pressed down all the way to come to a complete stop it just doesn't work like it used to

Hi there. Sometimes when a curb or big pot hole is hit, it will cause significant damage to the brake system. In some cases, it damages the brake rotor, the caliper or brake lines themselves. This is potentially a very serious issue, so I would highly recommend that you either take your car to a brake service company or have one of our professional mobile mechanics come to your location and complete a brake system inspection.

• I hit a curb and now when I press on my brake it doesn't work like it used to.