Q: I HEARD A NOISE LIKE A WIRE SNAPPING WHEN STEPPING ON THE BRAKES IN PARK.

I'M LOOKING INTO BUYING THIS VEHICLE, BUT AM CONCERNED ABOUT REPAIR COSTS

Sometimes if the hardware for the brakes pads does not get replaced every time, the old hardware may have small indents. These small indents may cause a little extra brake pad movement and you may hear them shifting when pressing the brake pedal lightly. The noise can be here or in the brake booster/master cylinder assembly. Consider hiring an experienced technician like one from YourMechanic who can come out and take a closer look at the noise as well as perform an overall pre-purchase inspection of the vehicle to help determine repair and maintenance costs.

• I HEARD A NOISE LIKE A WIRE SNAPPING WHEN STEPPING ON THE BRAKES IN PARK.