Q: I hear this knocking noise coming from my steering column when I make turns not sure what to make of it

Knocking or clunking noise near steering column area...what could it be?

Hi there. It really depends on what year, make and model of vehicle you have and the type of steering system it has. If it’s an electronic power steering assisted vehicle, the knocking noise can be a loose bearing inside the steering column or a damaged sensor. If it’s a traditional rack and pinion steering system, the sound can be one of many individual connection points. It’s probably best to have one of our mobile mechanics come to your location and complete a car is making a noise inspection, so they can isolate the source of the noise and recommend the right repairs.

3. I hear this knocking noise coming from my steering column when I make turns not sure what to make of it