Q: I hear a tiny sound, like a loose heat shield when I start up the car in the morning...it goes away as the truck warms up.

Hear a tiny clinking sound when I start my truck...sounds like loose heat shield or something similar...what could it be?

It could be a heat shield that is loose. As the vehicle heats up, the part it is attached to expands and acts like it is tightening the component. That could be why it goes away when hot. It could also be something within the catalytic converter that is loose and expanding during heating to tighten up the fitment. Use a piece of hose like a stethoscope to help pinpoint the location of the noise. If you need help finding the problem, a certified technician, like one from YourMechanic, will be able to inspect the clicking sound in person in order to have this repaired correctly.

3. I hear a tiny sound, like a loose heat shield when I start up the car in the morning...it goes away as the truck warms up.