Q: I have white smoke coming from the back of my 2004 Chevrolet Impala. It was running fine Thursday night Friday morning I went and

White smoke and shaking. It runs fine while not pushing gas. Push gas and white smoke comes out and it shakes. Please help!

Hi there. White smoke coming from the tail pipe is commonly a sign that coolant is leaking into the combustion chamber. In most cases, the source of the coolant leak is a head gasket that has failed.This is commonly followed by overheating or happens after the engine overheats. I would recommend having a certified mechanic diagnose your smoke issue first, to determine the source of this problem and recommend the right repairs.

3. I have white smoke coming from the back of my 2004 Chevrolet Impala. It was running fine Thursday night Friday morning I went and