Q: I have tryed starting my car but it dies right away even after charging it

when you turn the key over it sounds like its gonna start for a second then quickly dies then nothing

You will need to check to see if it is getting spark to the plugs and fuel to the injectors. The vehicle is known to have problems with the fuel pump and ignition system. You should start with a scan of the computer to see if any codes are present. Fix any codes first.

Using a scanner, look to see if you are getting a crankshaft sensor signal as RPM’s. If you have this, then see if you have a camshaft sensor signal. If you have both of these, then you should test the fuel injectors for signal using noid lights.

All these tests are needed to narrow the problem down to a single component. If you need help, then a certified mobile technician, such as one from YourMechanic, can come to your car’s location to diagnose your hard starting issue and pinpoint what needs to be done.

• I have tryed starting my car but it dies right away even after charging it