Q: I have to replace an upper radiator hose, what steps must I take to access the hose and remove it.

I have a leak in my coolant, I believe it to be coming from an old upper radiator hose. Are there any components around the hose that I must first remove to get to the radiator hose?

A: Access to the hose is clear. On a vehicle o...

Access to the hose is clear. On a vehicle of this age, if you are replacing one radiator hose, really all should be replaced, including the heater hoses, due to the inevitable deterioration of rubber products. YourMechanic does perform radiator hose replacements on a mobile basis and so feel free to set up a mobile visit to have the hose(s) replaced. If you replace the hoses(s) yourself, be sure to use any available purge points to remove trapped air as you refill the cooling system. Trapped air can cause engine overheating until it dislodges.