Q: I have three cats on my truck 2 up by both exhaust manifolds and 1 right before muffler can I take the one by muffler off n have n

3 catalytic converters.

Hi there. Your message was a bit hard to understand, but I think I know what you’re getting at. On most trucks like yours, with the tri-catalytic converter set up, in some cases, the issue is with the rear or single cat - the one on the single exhaust pipe. Generally, due to the excessive particulate matter emissions from diesels, the two individual cats from each side of the engine would clog first. However, the rear tends to fail worse than the other two. By removing the third catalytic converter, you might improve engine output and power, but it would fail a smog inspection quickly.

• I have three cats on my truck 2 up by both exhaust manifolds and 1 right before muffler can I take the one by muffler off n have n