Q: I have the linkage and nuts off the NSS and I still can't get it off the tranny.

We was able to start the car by wiggling the gear shifter, and now that don't work. It's not turning over at all and the battery is good. Since the problem was just occasional we know it's not a fuse. So I bought a new neutral safety switch hoping this will fix it, and if it doesn't then that tells me maybe it's in the steering column. My current issue is getting the NSS off the tranny. I have the linkage lose and all nuts and bolts off, still stuck. The middle shaft turns and the NSS spins freely, the white plastic around the shaft does not move except when I manually move the shaft. Does all the plastic parts suppose to pull straight up? I'm about to take a hammer to it.lol

Once all of the fasteners are removed, the neutral position switch should come off. Try spraying a silicone based lubricant on it and pry gently with a flat blade screwdriver or small pry bar to remove it. The "gently" part is very imperative - you do not want to damage the shaft going into the transmission. If you have difficulty here, enlist the help of a technician from YourMechanic to assist with your neutral safety switch installment.

3. I have the linkage and nuts off the NSS and I still can't get it off the tranny.