Q: I have some sqealing and groaning/grinding on driver side by the strut mounts. It happens when backing up left or right and when driving slow.

I have some sqealing and groaning/grinding on driver side by the strut mounts when back left or right and when driving slow an some play in bearing the struts and mounts don't seem out of wack I did a shake test on it no extra/excessive play or bouncing. could it be that I just need to replace bearing an grease struts under boots by the bumper and the shaft ?

If the struts and mounts both look ok and passed the bounce test, you may be looking at a CV joint or bearing. Inspect these components and check for wear and any visible damages. There is also a possibility the brakes could be making the noise. If they are worn down, or misaligned they will make a grinding noise. The groaning may be a sign of metal on metal. Another attempt would be to have someone else recreate the issue while you listen and try to find the location of the noise.

To avoid any unnecessary repairs, you should have a certified technician, like one from YourMechanic, inspect all of the suspension and wheel assembly components in that location.

• I have some sqealing and groaning/grinding on driver side by the strut mounts. It happens when backing up left or right and when driving slow.