Q: I have smoke coming from the box in front of the condenser

I just bought the truck and it was fine for the 2 hour drive from the dealership to my house but when I started it to go to my grandma's house, smoke started coming out of the front

Hi, thanks for writing in. It sounds like your condenser or your radiator could be leaking. I would recommend having the pressures of the air conditioning system checked and verify that the air conditioning system if functioning properly. Then I would also have the cooling system pressure tested by a qualified professional to determine if any coolant leaks exist. If any leaks are found in the cooling system, this can cause the engine to overheat and serious engine damage. If any leaks exist in the air conditioning system, the smoke you saw could be refrigerant and I would recommend not inhaling it. The air conditioning leak will not however affect the engine or the vehicle’s ability to run and drive. I would recommend having a coolant leak fixed immediately, but the AC leak can be fixed whenever is convenient for you. Here at YourMechanic, we can have a technician come to your home or office to fix one or both leaks for you.

3. I have smoke coming from the box in front of the condenser