Q: I have sequins, and one light isn't working until I hit the unlock button then it works perfectly. How can I fix it?

One sequin does not come on unless I unlock my doors then it works perfectly but any time I press the brakes or anything it doesn't work. It's just one out of the three on my passenger side

Hello. If you have an issue with one of the lights not working in the rear of your car under normal conditions, but yet it will work when you use the keyless entry then the issue is not in the light itself. Your car uses a smart junction block for the rear lights which is essentially a computer within the fuse panel. This computer is what usually fails. In some cases it is because the system recognizes a short an it can be reprogrammed, but in other cases it is because the computer is bad. I usually test the circuit electrically first to see if it is lacking voltage from this system. This would tell me where to start. If you are thinking of having this lighting issue repaired, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to you to [diagnose why the lights are not working properly] https://www.yourmechanic.com/services/brake-light-is-not-working-inspection

3. I have sequins, and one light isn't working until I hit the unlock button then it works perfectly. How can I fix it?