Q: I have polo not golf and the problem is when i hit the clutch the engine cut off

When i start the car it start normally but when i hit the clutch to put the first gear the engine cut off

Hello. Engine stalling can be caused by many things. A few common causes are problems with the fuel, ignition, or engine management systems. If a key component to any of these systems fails, it may cause the vehicle to stall when put into gear, or when the accelerator is pressed. Some key components to look at would be the fuel pump, ignition coil, and idle air control valve. It may also be possible that the symptoms are due to transmission issues, though that is less likely then engine performance issues. If the check engine light is on, retrieving the trouble codes would likely shed some light on what the issue may be. As these sorts of issues can sometimes be difficult to pinpoint, I would recommend having a professional technician, such as one from YourMechanic, come to your location to diagnose what may be causing your stalling.

• I have polo not golf and the problem is when i hit the clutch the engine cut off