Q: I have issues with my radiator and radiator fan assembly.

I was told that I have a leak in my radiator. Would it be better to fix it or just go ahead and buy a new one? Also, one of the fans on my dual assembly is no longer working. When I went to Auto Zone, they told me that the fan I needed was the 620-211. Their price was too steep, so I started looking elsewhere. I found that some of the websites referred to some of the assemblies as "replacements." However, the 620-211 print-out that I got from Auto Zone does not mention it being a replacement. Is that the actual stock fan assembly? Do I need to buy one that says "replacement" or will it really make a difference? Due to the leak and fan issues, my car is continuously overheating, which I see is a common problem with my type of vehicle, although more common when the engine is the stock engine (and mine is not). Thank you so much!!!

You are correct in thinking that the combination of leaking radiator and non-functioning cooling fan is contributing to your overheating issue. Generally, modern radiators are not repairable and will need to be replaced entirely. The cooling fans can also be sourced from a used parts dealer. It will be used, but less expensive than a new set of fans. Replacement just means that it is designed just like the OEM unit and should fit perfectly. A certified technician, like one from YourMechanic.com, will be able to inspect or replace these components for you, if you are not comfortable doing the job yourself.