Q: I have half of my oil pan bolt in my oil pan . What can i do?

I was doing an oil chance . My oil bolt stripped and broke . I have half the bolt in my oil pan .what can i do??

The threads in the bolt gallery can be repaired by a tap and a new bolt can be installed into the cleaned gallery. If you need to install the bolt for now and fix the gallery later, you can take a small cotter pin and put it into the gallery and then tap the bolt in against it. Then you can tighten the bolt to torque specs. Be sure to remove the excessive cotter pin that is sticking out. This will hold until you get a bolt and tap out the old threads. If you need further assistance with your oil pan bolts, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.

3. I have half of my oil pan bolt in my oil pan . What can i do?