Q: I have exhaust coming into the cabin via the air vents, and much more when the vehicle is stopped. Air filter or leak somewhere?

I have exhaust coming into the cabin via the air vents, and much more when the vehicle is stopped. Is the problem more likely to be a clogged air filter (I haven't had it cleaned / replaced before) or a leak in the exhaust system? Does the fact that it's stronger while stopped indicative of anything?

The air filter is not a cause of the problem you are describing. Nevertheless, if the air filter has not been serviced as required be sure to change it as that filter is important. Sometimes wind conditions, not to mention other traffic, can be the source of exhaust odors in the cabin. However, if you suspect that the origin may be your own vehicle, due to a leak, please request an exhaust system inspection - suspected leak and the responding certified mechanic will get your concerns addressed. If you have further questions, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.

3. I have exhaust coming into the cabin via the air vents, and much more when the vehicle is stopped. Air filter or leak somewhere?