Q: I have an intermittent cylinder 1 misfire. Heavy mis under power. Idle is erractic.

I have an intermittent cylinder 1 misfire. Heavy mis under power. Idle is erratic. Seems to run better when fuel tank is above .75. Engine light comes on and then goes off.

Hi Matt. Thanks for the question today. Quite often when you have a random misfire on one cylinder, it’s due to either a clogged fuel injector or one that is misfiring itself. In some instances, this can be caused by an electrical harness connection to the injector that is loose or partially damaged, while in other instances, it can be related to a worn out spark plug. If it tends to happen when fuel tank is lower than 3/4, this might indicate a fuel pump issue; but that would typically be followed by other cylinder misfires as well. It might benefit you to have a professional mobile mechanic come to your location to complete a misfiring inspection, so they can inspect the vehicle in person and recommend repairs that should resolve your issue.

3. I have an intermittent cylinder 1 misfire. Heavy mis under power. Idle is erractic.