Q: I have an engine light on for months now they say it is the throttle box sensor how do I fix this

Engine light on they say it is the throttle box sensor how do I get this fixed.

Odds are, it is a code for the throttle position sensor. The tps is located on the throttle body. It basically tells the engine control unit how far you have pressed the gas pedal. The ecu uses this information to adjust timing as well as fuel mixture. If the tps is faulty, the engine control unit will resort to using a default setting so the vehicle can run, but will not run properly as it is not adjusting things like timing and fuel mixture properly. The throttle body itself rarely needs replacement. The only typical cases of the throttle body needing replacement is if the throttle position sensor is not removable from the throttle body, requiring the entire throttle body replacement. Or, if the throttle body has a mechanical issue. Sometimes with age and from the constant movement, the throttle plate shaft can wear the throttle body housing and cause a vacuum leak. To restore power and performance, have a certified technician inspect the vehicle to find and repair the exact cause.

• I have an engine light on for months now they say it is the throttle box sensor how do I fix this