Q: I have an '88 Chevy C2500 truck. My serpentine belt snapped, I replaced it, and it snapped again. All pulleys seem to be working.

My serpentine belt snapped. I replaced it, and after a lot of whining, it snapped again. After installation of the new belt - the belt seemed to be cycling properly, and the pulleys seemed to be functioning, didn't see anything seized up, but there was some smoke and the smell of burning rubber. I figured it was pieces of the old belt melting off, but then the new belt snapped within 2 minutes of driving it. I replaced the power steering pump and pulley about a year ago. They still seem fine. Nothing seems loose, and no rattling noises when it was running. I'm lost as to where to go from here... Help!!!

3. I have an '88 Chevy C2500 truck. My serpentine belt snapped, I replaced it, and it snapped again. All pulleys seem to be working.