Q: I have a2006 350Z convertible. The air conditioner doesn't start until I've had the car running for at least 3 miles. I've tried t

The AC doesn't start until I've driven about 3 miles. Then it works fine. I've tried turning the fan on when I start the car and it doesn't work until the car has been running a few minutes. I've also tried turning the temperature down to start the AC but it still didn't start working immediately. Is there a problem with my AC or am I just impatient?

Depending on how hot it is outside and how hot the interior of your vehicle is, it may take as long as 5 minutes on some vehicles to get the interior cooled down. The hotter it is inside the car the more difficult it will be to cool that space. I would recommend letting all the windows down for the first couple minutes of driving and then try the air conditioner. The cold air may begin coming out much more quickly this way.

3. I have a2006 350Z convertible. The air conditioner doesn't start until I've had the car running for at least 3 miles. I've tried t