Q: I have a wire that isn't connected. It's yellow and brown and it comes from under the brake booster. Where does it go?

The wire is yellow and I think brown. It appears to be stripped on yellow side and cut off on brown. It was wrapped around the. Master cylinder when I found it but. Not sure what it goes to or what it connects. I'm trying to fix this truck up for my son who just got license. His dad is gone and I have limited knowledge but a lot of tools. And a teenage boy willing to learn. Please help.

A: Hello. The wiring you have found could poss...

Hello. The wiring you have found could possibly be to a few different things. One possibility is that the wiring may be to the under hood light that some of these vehicles were equipped with. I would look for a bulb or socket, which should be mounted on the underside of the hood. If there is no light, or the light is functioning correctly then I would carefully look around the engine bay for any broken wiring or loose connectors. Unwrapping the wire and seeing how far it extends may help with finding what it goes to, perhaps a sensor or solenoid of some sort. If you're unable to fix the problem yourself, I would recommend having a professional technician, such as one from YourMechanic, visit your location to determine what the wiring may be to, and diagnose what exactly is causing the electrical issue.