Q: I have a slight wobble in crank shaft pulley will replacing it fix my problem? Its a 2000 lumina with 76,000 miles. thank you

Crank shaft pulley wobble slightly. Returns to normal when rpms are accelerated. The tensinor also moves in guessing due to the CS pulley wobble.

A: Hello. The crankshaft pulley and harmonic b...

Hello. The crankshaft pulley and harmonic balancer is one unit on your vehicle. There is a strip of rubber that separates the two components, that will perish over time. This is typically why it begins to wobble. You will need to have the harmonic balancer replaced before any more damage is caused to the engine. This is a common problem associated with this generation of engine. A technician from YourMechanic can come to your location to inspect the shaking issue and guide you with any needed repairs.