Q: I have a reduced engine power light.

I have a reduced engine power light and my truck would not accelerate at times. Once I cut it off and cut it back on it's fine. But after awhile it does it again. What could this be?

Hi there. This light can come on for a number of reasons. It usually comes on when there is a voltage issue, but it will also come on when the computer finds a reason to reduce the power to protect the engine. I usually start by load testing the alternator an the battery. One of these is usually the issue. If these are fine then the computer should be scanned for codes to see if there is anything stored in the computer. Most of the time the issue is a failure in the throttle body. This fails and keeps the computer from being able to control engine throttle. If you need to have this warning light checked, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to you to [diagnose why the recuded power light is coming on] https://www.yourmechanic.com/services/reduced-power-light-is-on-inspection

3. I have a reduced engine power light.