Q: I have a rattling noise coming from my car.

I have a rattling noise coming from my car. Whenever I go over a bump, it feels like something is loose. I would describe it as the trunk being ajar. In addition, when I go in reverse my car rattles. I live in cold climate( could be a factor, but it is the same even if the car is warmed up). I have had my front struts replaced recently. I also thought it might be the muffler, but I also recently got that replaced. Still same clunky noise.

Thank you so much for your help.

Hello, thank you for writing in. The best thing for you to do is to recreate the noises. If it sounds large and metallic in nature, then you likely need to inspect the larger components. Take into consideration inspecting the strut mounts, shocks, the wheel bearings, and CV joints. When dealing with something like this, you will need to perform some tests with the vehicle on the ground, and some tests with the vehicle in the air. Be prepared for that if doing this inspection at home. In addition to these steering and suspension components, make sure your tires are properly inflated and balanced. For more help resolving the issue, contact our service department to schedule an appointment.

3. I have a rattling noise coming from my car.