Q: Q: I have a random misfire

I have a random misfire code p0300 on my 98 chevy truck. I have replaced plugs, wires, cap, and rotor. Also replaced the MAF, i have troubleshot it down to the possible spider injection system failing. I removed the throttle body assembly and saw there is excessive sludge and what looks like fuel on the intake manifold. Im really running out of ideas and dont want to throw parts at it constantly til it runs right.

Hi there. Typically the P-0300 error code indicates an electrical issue somewhere in the ignition system that causes a random misfire.. In most cases, it’s caused by damage to the distributor, coil or a camshaft sensor. Before you spend more time and money chasing the problems, you might want to contact one of our mechanics complete an engine is misfiring inspection to pinpoint the precise source of your issues.

3. Q: I have a random misfire