Q: I have a problem with jeep running rough about once every seven or eight days

I can take the battery cable off and put it back on and it will run like new for another seven or eight days need advice please thank you

Hello. This may suggest a problem with the ECU resetting codes that otherwise would remain there. When the ECU detects a problem with the engine or any other operation, it will cause the check engine light to come on and register a fault code. When you unhook the battery this causes a reset of the ECU which usually clears the codes. I would recommend leaving the battery connected. When the rough running symptoms return, you should see a Check Engine Light that will register these codes in the ECU. At this point, I would recommend having an expert from YourMechanic come to your home to diagnose using these codes.

• I have a problem with jeep running rough about once every seven or eight days