Q: I have a problem with jeep running rough about once every seven or eight days

I can take the battery cable off and put it back on and it will run like new for another seven or eight days need advice please thank you

A: Hello. This may suggest a problem with the ...

Hello. This may suggest a problem with the ECU resetting codes that otherwise would remain there. When the ECU detects a problem with the engine or any other operation, it will cause the check engine light to come on and register a fault code. When you unhook the battery this causes a reset of the ECU which usually clears the codes. I would recommend leaving the battery connected. When the rough running symptoms return, you should see a Check Engine Light that will register these codes in the ECU. At this point, I would recommend having an expert from YourMechanic come to your home to diagnose using these codes.