Q: I have a p3449 code which reads mds solenoid 7. Can I just replace the solenoid? Also, tank will not shut pump off after fillup

Says it's the solenoid that that changes from 8 cylinder to 4

Hello, thank you for writing in. The code may set the check engine light for several reasons. One of which is low oil pressure. This should be one of the first things that you check. The solenoid you are referring to can absolutely be replaced, and should be if you have full oil. These are a little harder to test electronically, but you can test for resistance. With them being relatively cheap, it may be more practical for you to just replace it. If the oil is full, you have replaced the solenoid, and the problem continues look for an electrical issue within the Multiple Displacement System. For more diagnostic help, contact our service department to schedule an appointment.

3. I have a p3449 code which reads mds solenoid 7. Can I just replace the solenoid? Also, tank will not shut pump off after fillup