Q: i have a nissian xterra and i need to know where the electric fan assembly goes

my car get heated up quickly what is the problem

The electric cooling fan assembly is located in between the radiator and the engine. This fan is usually bolted to the radiator itself and has an electrical connector to provide power. If your electric cooling fan is not working it may be time for replacement.

One way to verify if the fan is working or not is to start your vehicle and turn on the air conditioning. Let the vehicle warm up to operating temperature and check to see if the fan is on. Some vehicles have two cooling fans. If your vehicle has two fans, they should both be on at this time.

If they are not running, then your engine is not being cooled efficiently at idle or at lower speeds. Higher speeds will force air through the radiator and the fan is not needed as much. In lower speeds, the engine relies heavily on the integrity of the electric cooling fan.

YourMechanic offers mobile technicians who can come to your house and perform services such as inspecting your overheating issue at your convenience.

• i have a nissian xterra and i need to know where the electric fan assembly goes