Q: I have a Nissan Murano and when the engine is up to temperature the car starts but when I try to engage the gears the engine goes

My car starts alright but any time I engage the gears from reverse or drive mode the engine goes off am not able to engage the engine without the car going off... I need some help thanks.

Hi there. Typically when you shift the vehicle into a forward or reverse gear, the engine is dragged down by torque converter applying power to the transmission and to the drive axles. When this occurs, the engine needs to increase fuel flow in order to keep the engine running. That is most likely the source of your problem. However, there are multiple components that comprise the fuel system on your Nissan, so it’s probably a good idea to have a professional mobile mechanic complete a car starts then stalls inspection first. This will allow them to pinpoint the source of your issue and recommend the right repairs be completed.

• I have a Nissan Murano and when the engine is up to temperature the car starts but when I try to engage the gears the engine goes