Q: i have a Mitsubishi io 4g93 it only accelerates up to 1500 rpm and the engine is shaking what could be the problem?

I have a Mitsubishi io 4g93 it accelerates only up to 1500 rpm what could be the problem

Hello. Thank you for writing in. The vehicle is at an age where it needs to updated and maintained. The issue will hopefully be solved by performing some regular maintenance. Start by performing an oil and oil filter change. When doing this, make sure the oil is not contaminated with any other fluids or metal pieces. Sometimes the metal will look like glitter. This would indicate the engine is having major issues. Secondly, update the spark plug wires and install new spark plugs. Resistance due to contaminants and corrosion will make the spark plugs and ignition system less effective over time. With fresh oil and spark plugs, replace the fuel filter and consider if you have ever replaced the fuel pump. It has worked hard at this point, and you may want to consider it if the maintenance does not fix the issue. You may want to consider using a fuel additive to help clean the injectors and fuel system. Lastly check the air filter, and clean it or replace it if needed. With updates to the oil, fuel, spark, and air systems, the car should run better. If not you will want to resort to further diagnosis. For more help updating the vehicle, contact our service department.

• i have a Mitsubishi io 4g93 it only accelerates up to 1500 rpm and the engine is shaking what could be the problem?