Q: I have a mini

The light in my Mini Cooper showed oil changed needed do I have to do it straight away ?

Hello. Yes you will want to change the oil and filter as soon as possible. When this light comes on it means the oil system had detected the maximum number of miles has passed since your last oil change. Make sure that you know how to reset the light so after you change the oil it goes away. This procedure and more information about the oil life of your vehicle should be found in the owners manual. If you take the vehicle in to have the oil changed, make sure to tell your technician that you need this light reset. They should be able to do this for you if you do not wish to worry about it. If you do not have time or are concerned about changing it for another reason, you should check the level and color and condition of your oil with the dipstick. If it is relatively translucent and a nice brown color, and full, then you may be ok for a few more miles. Check the oil first, but you will likely want to have the oil changed very soon.