Q: I have a mercedes c280 and the ac control module started releasing smoke as soon as we turn on the car. It had a burning smell. Af

I have a mercedes c280 and the ac control module started releasing smoke as soon as we turn on the car. It had a burning smell. After letting it rest. I was able to drive it but the smell is still there. What are causes?

Hi there. What you have described is not a normal ’symptom’ of AC system failure. It’s possible that an electrical relay has been damaged or perhaps some debris (like paper or a leaf) has found its way into the AC vent system. It’s also possible that an electrical short exists somewhere behind the dashboard. The best way to resolve this issue is to have a professional mechanic come to your location and complete an electrical inspection to determine what is causing this issue.

3. I have a mercedes c280 and the ac control module started releasing smoke as soon as we turn on the car. It had a burning smell. Af