Q: I have a loose power steering

I had to change my serpitine belt and after I put it on and tightened everything down the pump was still loose. How do I fix this?

Hi...there are several possibilities: You want to first be sure that you have the right belt for your application/engine. Double check the part number and make sure the part number embossed on the belt matches the cataloging information for your car. Unfortunately, there can be catalog errors so if the additional suggestions below do not resolve it for you, you might want to buy the belt from the dealer (i.e., buy OEM versus "aftermarket"). If you are sure you have the right belt, or you have bought an OEM belt, be sure you have routed the belt correctly. Finally, it is possible that the belt tensioner or idler pulley is broken and thus is not keeping the belt tight enough against all the pulleys. If you have the right belt and it is routed properly, do carefully evaluate the idler pulley. If you need assistance replacing the serpentine belt, by all means contact yourMechanic and they will promptly dispatch a certified Mechanic to resolve this issue for you.