Q: I have a light on my dash that my manual calls the ETC, or electric throttle controller.

It doeant happen often. Maybe once a day but my ETC light will come on at the same time my traction control light comes on and the engine will start to idle faster at around 1800 rpms. My manual says its the Electric throttle control. It looks like a lightning bolt with 2 solid linea on both sides. I can turn the car off for a few seconds and restart the engine and drive with no problems after that. I am wondering what this could mean, and how quickly i need to get to a repair shop?

3. I have a light on my dash that my manual calls the ETC, or electric throttle controller.