Q: There is something wrong with the central lock system and when I shift in gear its not indicated and an alert sound is heard.

I have a hyundai i10 car model 2010 its with central lock system but when I shift back gear its not indicated alert sound, please. lock/unlock sound is coming but back gear sound not coming.. what's the solution plz.

Hi there. The shifter is designed to make a charm when the shifter is not engaged properly. Check the lock button on the shifter and make sure that its unlocking as the shifter is moved. Also, step on the brake pedal as the shifter lock is depressed. If the charm still is coming on, then the brake switch may be worn and causing the shifter to not work properly. If you need further assistance with the shifter making a charm noise, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.

3. There is something wrong with the central lock system and when I shift in gear its not indicated and an alert sound is heard.