Q: I have a hole in the gas tank.

I have a leak in my gas tank within the tank itself. In addition, the truck does not turn over when it is very hot outside, which I think might be related to the hole in the gas tank.

A: A hole in the gas tank can be dangerous and...

A hole in the gas tank can be dangerous and should be fixed right away. There are shops that can repair fuel tanks, though it is much better to replace the entire tank. As for the starting issue, if it does not crank at all, or turn over, when it is hot then that is not related to the hole in the tank. This is typically what happens when the starter begins to fail. If the bushings inside of the starter are badly worn then when the starter gets hot it expands and binds internally keeping it from spinning the engine. A mechanic would check for power at the start when this occurs to see if it is getting the right voltage. If it is and is not turning over then it is the starter. These test can be difficult so I would enlist the assistance of a certified mechanic, like one from YourMechanic, that has the experience to do so.