Q: I have a Ford Escape 2001 lxt it makes a rattling noise & puts like it's out of gas only when I put it drive & reverse... My daddy

I have a Ford Escape 2001 lxt it makes a rattling noise & puts like it's out of gas only when I put it drive & reverse... My daddy say it's the transfer case but my boyfriend & brother says it's the rear end .. I don't know... #HelpPlease

A: The symptoms that you are experiencing ca...

The symptoms that you are experiencing can be produced by a wide variety of issues.

Common problems that cause these symptoms for this vehicle are faulty ignition coils, bad EGR piping, a bad EGR valve, or a clogged catalytic converter.

I would recommend checking those components out, and also scanning the vehicle for trouble codes, before moving on to looking at the transfer case or the rear end.

If you feel like you need assistance with this, enlist a professional mechanic who can diagnose the source of the noise and make the repairs that are necessary.