Q: I have a crunching noise Coming from my steering well when I turn it. It sounds like you are crumbling up wrapping paper. It is

My car was driving fine then all of a sudden I got in it this weekend and went to turn the steering wheel. You made a crunching noise like you are crumbling up wrapping paper. It is more difficult to turn now. It does it going both left and right. Please help

Hi there. What you are describing is common with a power steering failure or a mechanical failure of the steering gear box. Before you take your car to a mechanic, I would highly recommend having a professional mechanic come to your location and complete a steering wheel is hard to turn inspection. This will allow them to correctly diagnose the source of this problem and recommend the right repairs.

3. I have a crunching noise Coming from my steering well when I turn it. It sounds like you are crumbling up wrapping paper. It is