Q: I have a b20b boosted Integra. Hesitating low oil pressure. Experiencing bad idle and backfiring. Can't drive it.

I have a b20b turbo. Hesitating low oil pressure. Experiencing bad idle and backfiring. Can't drive it.

Hi there, thanks for your question. The rough idle and backfiring is quite possibly linked to a bad idle air control module. As you may know, this module regulates air intake at idle status, allowing for the fuel and air to mix properly before being injected into the engine. When this is not working correctly, it will cause a rough idle and, depending on the environment conditions, could also cause backfiring.

Typically, backfiring is a result of a lean air/fuel mixture and since your motor is turbo charged, you may know that with a turbo, you are adding a substantial increase in air flow into the motor compared to that of a naturally aspirated motor. With that in mind, it is crucial to be sure the motor is also getting enough fuel to balance this out. The backfiring may also be potentially related to a timing issue as well. Again, with any forced air induction system such as a turbo or supercharger, timing also changes as you are advancing the combustion process much fast than it normally would otherwise happen. When timing is retarded too much, this can cause the lack of power or hesitation.

I would recommend having an expert from Your Mechanic come to your home or office to diagnose and repair these rough idle and backfiring issues for you.

3. I have a b20b boosted Integra. Hesitating low oil pressure. Experiencing bad idle and backfiring. Can't drive it.