Q: I have a automatic transmission leak that i think is coming from the front pump seal

Long story short, my engine locked up on me i got the engine replaced and a day after i took it from the shop my transmission started leaking. The mechanic did not change the front pump seal so if that was the cause please let me know. Also, i need to know since the engine locked up while i was driving could that have been the cause of the leak? I am currently going back and forth with the mechanic because people keep telling me he was supposed to change that seal since he did a engine swap. Please help me i feel like he's trying to get over on me.

Hi There, You are correct in that the seal should have been changed when swapping the motor. Unfortunately, there is no way to tell definitively what may have caused the engine to lock up as there are several other factor that may also come into play when a motor fails like this. I would suggest having an expert from YourMechanic come out to perform an independent inspection of the vehicle to more accurately narrow down the cause of this.

3. I have a automatic transmission leak that i think is coming from the front pump seal