Q: I have a 98z chevy pickup, first thing in morning I cranks it up I hear bubbling noises in beater coil. When I put It in drive it

I have a 98z chevy pickup, first thing in morning I cranks it up I hear bubbling noises in heater coil. When I put It in drive it will not just go. My truck just will not move properly until it warms up. I had new gaskets put on from the block on up and it is still doing the same thing. Also, my water reservoir will not keep water in one week. What is the problem?

Hello, thank you for writing in. You are likely dealing with two separate issues. If you are loosing coolant that quickly, then you need to check for any external leaks in the system. If there are no signs of leaking, then the leak is internal meaning there is an issue with the head gasket, or a cracked block. While it is unlikely the lack of movement is related to the coolant issue, you want to repair the cooling system first. Then you need to check the transmission fluid level, as a lack of transmission fluid is the most common cause of no movement while in drive. Treat these two issues separately at first, and take corrective action from there. For more help, contact our service department to schedule an appointment.

3. I have a 98z chevy pickup, first thing in morning I cranks it up I hear bubbling noises in beater coil. When I put It in drive it