Q: I have a 98 dodge caravan with a 3.3L. It wants to start but just won't. I had a mechanic look at it and he eventually knocked on

Car wants to start but won't. I had a mechanic look at it and after a while he knocked on the gas tank and the van started for about 20s. Do I need a new fuel pump?

Hi Adam. Thanks for sending in your question today. Based on your input, it’s quite possible that either the fuel pump is worn out and needs to replaced, or that you have a loose ground or electrical connection to the pump. If you haven’t replaced the fuel pump in 50,000 miles, it’s probably a good idea to start here and see if this resolves the issues. Make sure you also replace the fuel filters as well.

3. I have a 98 dodge caravan with a 3.3L. It wants to start but just won't. I had a mechanic look at it and he eventually knocked on